Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Good food, adventure and missions

Wild boar brains, huge maggot grubs, Yucca spit juice and jungle rats were all on the menu last week as four brothers and I made a trip along the Chipurana river. Those foods are not my favorites but they are a part of missions in this part of the world. Yes, I am now a few pounds lighter than before we left last week but when you eat what the locals eat you identify with them, you earn their respect and you earn the right to be heard.


I was able to preach 18 times as we visited 6 villages in 7 days. We preached the gospel to the lost, we encouraged the saved, we gave council to the hurting and prayed for the sick. There were church problems to discuss, divisions to work through and false doctrines to correct. We held meetings each evening (sometimes until midnight). A few of the mornings the brothers insisted on more teaching from 4 to 6 a.m before they had to go into their fields for work. Needless to say we didn't sleep much and we are now totally exhausted!


We traveled by car, speed-boat, canoe and on foot. One day we were on the trail for 7 hours slogging through the mud and traversing landslides. It was hot, there were lots of nasty bugs, there were dangerous rivers to cross, thieves to avoid, and there was the ever present danger of tropical diseases.... Why do we do this? Because Christ died and rose again! C.T Studd said: "If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him." Christ also died for these people in these villages and I want to be a part of making His name great here in this part of the Peruvian jungle.

It was an extremely profitable time in each pueblo. We thank the Lord for His love and protection and help. It's great to be home with Amy and the kids. Now I'm back to my real job: Love and nourish my family. Please pray for us that God would bring forth fruit from all these labors.

Missions quote of the day by David Brainerd: "Here am I, send me; send me to the ends of the earth; send me to the rough, the savage pagans of the wilderness; send me from all that is called comfort on earth; send me even to death itself, if it be but in Thy service, and to promote Thy kingdom."

Micah for the Tuttle's

3 comments:

At May 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM Anonymous said...

To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, I became as one under the law even though I myself am not under the law, so that I might win those who are under the Law, and Micha Tuttle eats Boar brains, huge maggots, and jungle rats not because of the savory taste and elegance of the meal, but so that he may reach Gods loved ones for the the Kingdom. We are not saved by what we eat or what we do, but by the blood of Christ.

Micha you are a great soldier for God. May our prayers strengthen you for Gods service.

Love and Encouragement
Aaron

 
At May 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM amy in peru said...

Good job, my love! I'm so proud of you. :)

 
At May 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM Unknown said...

You are truly a man of God! Praying all your words reach far and wide!!

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis