Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Malaria in the body but fire in the soul

Many of you know that during our epic jungle trip in Peru last month I tested positive for COVID.  After quarantining for 10 days and finally getting a negative test we were able to travel back to California.... but for some reason my fevers persisted.....  The day after we landed in Los Angeles I went into my third round of high fevers and we soon found out that I had malaria.  At temperatures of 104F I was miserable and we were about to cancel a speaking engagement in Iowa that was scheduled for five days after our arrival in the USA.  But before canceling, a doctor friend in Kansas helped Amy get my case figured out and they were able to get me some hydroxychloroquine.  I took the first dosage that night and then went to bed feeling like death.... When I woke up in the morning I felt WAY better so I decided to take my flight to Cedar Falls and attempt great things for our great God at the Iowa youth rally.

As the weekend in Cedar Falls progressed I slowly came out of my head-fog and I regained my strength.  Im not sure how, but it seems that everyone at the youth rally could understand my rambling messages :) It ended up being a fantastic time and the Lord really seemed to use it in the life of many that were there.  Whenever I preach at these kinds of meetings I'm filled with a sense of urgency and passion to be used of God as a useful instrument in His hands.  The weight of responsibility to preach Gods word to His image bearers is always crushing. The prophet Amos called the message a burden... It is indeed a burden.... one that I happily bear.  But oh, the relief when that burden has been unloaded and left in the hands of the only One that can truly transform lives.          

After the meetings in Iowa I arrived back in Watsonville California just in time for Michaels baptism.  Michael is the guy that I've referenced before about how the Lord has recently saved him out of a life of drugs and debauchery.  He began attending our house church about a year ago and is now reaching out to his friends that are seriously interested in the changes they see in him.  Many of his friends came to the baptism and listened intently as I preached a solid 40 minutes on the forgiveness that Christ offers us.  It has been awesome to see how Jesus is transforming Michael and setting him free in so many areas! 

Missions quote for the day by Dr. Moffat Gautrey: “The gospel is not an “old, old story, freshly told…. No, rather it's a fire in the soul, fed by the flame of Immortal love, and woe unto us, if through our negligence, that fire burns low and we refuse to stir up the the gift of God that He has put within us.” 


 
Micah for the Tuttle's  


  







0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis