Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Loud Speaker Preaching at 4:00 am!

Yesterday I was awakened at 4 am by one of the brothers in Nuevo San Juan.  This man owns the loud speaker in the town…. each village has one of these for the purpose of communicating the latest news to everyone within earshot (up to a mile away) and I usually use it whenever we arrive in any given pueblo…… but not at 4 am….. As I began to come out of my deep slumber I was able to decipher that he wanted me to wake the whole town with an early morning gospel message…. I thought, "well, I can’t really say no to that"  :)  

My American self says: "this would be a really rude awaking for everyone", but my jungle Peruvian self says: "The roosters are about to wake everyone up anyway and the people here are usually okay with all kinds of interruptions… Why not interrupt their sleep with a little bit of Jesus?  An hour later, when I was done preaching many people were up and out in the streets wanting to talk with me about their spiritual condition. We live in exciting times!

The night before we had piqued their interest with an epic children's meeting and then an open air in the main square (as is our custom everywhere we go).  Many of the villagers had come out to listen…. To add to the excitement there were also several souls that came from the neighboring towns because they had heard that we were in the area.   

Our open air meeting started with a few songs and then brother Mayer preached message #1. After that Josiah and Mya and Megan and a few others from our team did a skit which was followed by message #2 by brother Anderson.  When we had sung several more songs I wrapped everything up with message #3.…. That is the basic order of things in most of our open airs and even though there are three messages, the attendance usually just keeps growing throughout the duration of the meeting. 

These days there seems to be more of a hunger and interest in spiritual things than is normal.  Please pray for lasting fruit in these villages! 

Missions quote for the day by David Platt:  “A soft-drink company in Atlanta has done a better job of getting brown sugar water into ever nation on earth than the church of Jesus Christ has done in getting the gospel to them.”

Micah for the Tuttle's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis