Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Tuttle-tidbits from April

Today a guy at Hyvee (a supermarket) asked me how my Easter went. I said "Great, We went to church and afterward our kids did an easter egg hunt".... and then I asked him: "So, what do you think? Is Easter more about bunnies or Jesus."  He responded:  "Well, There is absolutely nothing that indicates that Jesus ever even existed, let alone resurrected from the dead." I said: "What year is it?" He said: "2021" I responded: “Two thousand years ago, in the middle east an event occurred that permanently changed the world. Because of that event, history was split. Every time you write the date, you're using the resurrection of Jesus as the focal point.... I would say that's one indicator....”  He said: "I never thought of that before."   We ended up having a great and conversation. After a few minutes I left him with a gospel tract and friendly fist bump. Please pray for Dan! 


In the last five weeks we have seen winter fade away and spring come into full bloom!  That month, with all of its weather changes, was also packed with a lot of ministry for us in Iowa, Canada and in North Carolina.  We started by traveling through the snow to the other side of the state where I preached in Greenfield.  Then I went to Canada (through zoom) with a total of 10 messages to Toronto Ontario, Vancouver BC and Portage la Prarie Manitoba.  After that we loaded up the van and drove out of the snow to NC where I preached 10 more times (in person) to churches in Greensboro, Randleman, and Yanceyville. From there we drove the 1000 miles back to Dubuque IA where the tulips are now blooming and we arrived just in time for me to preach on Easter Sunday at our church here in town.   

Next up: Texas! We continue to be a part of the Discipleship Intern Training Program in Lubbock where I am one of the directors. Because of COVID we had to, once again, cancel our Peru trip that we were going to do with the DITP at the end of this month.  So now we plan to do the mission trip right there in Lubbock Texas.  Please pray for the students and I as we hope to continue our study in the book of Acts and also do a lot of evangelism around the Texas Tech campus from April 19-30.


Our family is doing well.  Last month our oldest (Javen) turned 23 and our youngest (Ellia) turned 7. The Lord has blessed us with an amazing bunch of kids that love the Lord and are growing in Him.  It is such a joy to see them serving the Lord with their different gifts and abilities.  We know that many of you pray for our kids and we are grateful to God that He is answering the prayers you have offered on their behalf. 


Missions quote for the week by David Livingstone: "If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by the heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?" 

Micah for the Tuttle's



0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis