Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Last month we took the Bible Institute students to Freedom California for a state-side missions trip. We had a fantastic time getting to know the three families that are working there and trying to support them in the ministry. We began each day by spending several hours reading the scriptures and praying and singing together. Then after those morning hours of worship we would go out in the afternoons with the goals of sharing the gospel as much as we could, helping the community as much as we could and having fun as much as we could. It was a blast!     

     

On two occasions during our stay in Freedom I took the opportunity to preach open air in the main square.  I have done some open air preaching in the States before and its usually pretty difficult to get people's attention..... but the response here was better than I expected!  The Lord really seemed to be working on the hearts of many dear souls.  People from all corners were straining to listen as I rained down on them sober warnings of the coming judgment and then many had sincere questions as I presented the immense love and grace and mercy of God through Jesus Christ.
                                       

The house at which we were staying was situated right in front of a park where there was a constant flow of people from morning to evening.  Every morning at about 6:00 a.m a man would arrive and awaken half the neighborhood by blasting semi-satanic music through a loud speaker which he transported in on his bike, he would then proceed to shoot hoops for the next three hours ...... I was usually reading my Bible at that time and the interruption practically begged me to go share the love of Christ with this “disturber of the peace”  ..... So that’s exactly what I did. The first day I went over and just started talking with him and rebounding the basketball for him. Before too long I asked him what he thought of the Bible.... he immediately went over to his boom box, turned down the volume and said: “I’ve never really read it before.” ...... So, each morning when I heard the hell music I would go over there, he would turn down the volume, we would shoot hoops and then talk Bible. One day we talked about Noah and the flood and coming judgment. The next day we talked about Lazarus and the rich man and the reality of hell. Another time we talked about coronavirus and pandemics and the plagues of Revelation. On another occasion I shared my testimony. Each day involved a really great conversation after which I'd pray for him.  One of the days a neighbor asked me how in the world I got him to turn his music down..... I said: “Well, we just start talking bible and it's such an interesting conversation that he just turns down the volume on his own.” ..... The neighbor incredulously exclaimed: “What?!?”.... Instantly I had a new contact to share the gospel with!


Another highlight of this missions trip was when, we as a team, went to a nearby migrant workers community. We went door to door and visited about 30 houses where we were warmly welcomed and had good gospel conversations at nearly every home! We invited some of the kids out for soccer and a short message from the Bible..... and many came!  There was an overwhelmingly good response to the whole event! The adults and kids alike were begging us to come back. Now the Freedom team needs to just get permission from the housing administration for long-term work out there. Please pray for them as they follow up with this! 


One night while doing evangelism near a taco truck, Ellia and I were able to start up a good conversation with three super tall guys. Each of them stood at about 6’ 8” and were wearing basketball gear so I asked them who they played for and they said they were from the University of Merced California and they had just won the championship for their division. One of them said he was planning to enter the NBA draft this year! After talking basketball a bit with them I was able to share my testimony and how God transformed my life through the reading of His word. They had all kinds of great questions and we continued with a fantastic gospel conversation for quite some time. After praying for them, the NBA prospect commented: “This must be a divine appointment or something because I really needed this”. ....... Please pray for Derrick Chiwike and his buddies!
                                              

Missions quote for the day by David Brainerd:  “All my desire is the conversion of the heathen . . . I care not where or how I live, or what hardships I go through. I care only that I may gain souls to Christ.”

Micah for the Tuttle's




2 comments:

At May 13, 2021 at 7:01 AM Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Love to hear about transformation taking place. Hope to see you soon. Your brother Aaron

 
At May 13, 2021 at 10:39 PM O said...

Thank you for sharing and may the Lord continue to give you ways to creatively share His love and good news!

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis