Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Tuttle-tidbits going into May

In mid April we left our Travel Trailer and the campground and Watsonville California which has been our home-base for the last year or so and we set out on what will be an intense couple of months of travel and ministry.  Our travels will take us to Oregon, Texas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Utah, Missouri and then back to California again.  Please pray for us!     

After driving to Portland, I left Amy and the kids with our families and I flew to Lubbock Texas to teach through the book of Revelation at the Discipleship Intern Training Program. I had a fantastic time with the students going through the Word and seeking the Lord together!  Every hour was put to good use and even when I wasn't in the classroom I was able to do quite a bit of shepherding and council and evangelism.  One of those days we went to the Texas Tech campus and set up a white board on which we had written the question: "How do you think the world will end?" There was amazing interest from almost everyone we talked to!  There were many great individual conversations and some of our team even started a little evangelistic bible study to which several people came and engaged in excellent, and friendly conversation. 


When my week in Lubbock was done I flew to Des Moines, IA where I preached on Sunday morning and then awaited Amy and the kids who were driving from Portland Oregon to meet me there..... Little did I know the saga of Mechanical problems that the van would have along the way.... Our van has served us so well for the last four years as we've driven it all around the country (about 120,000 miles) without any problems. But on this trip it finally broke down with a transmission problem.  Amy and the kids ended up being stuck in Salt Lake City Utah for six days.... but the Lord was in control and provided for our needs in every way!  A friend of a friend of a friend graciously opened their home to Amy and the kids and fed them and gave them beds to sleep in and helped direct them to a good mechanic.  We are thanking the Lord for the body of Christ! What a blessing!  It took a while but now we are back on the road!        

There are always evangelistic encounters to be had along the way!  The other day I walked into the bank to deposit a check and when the clerk saw my name, she asked:  "How do you pronounce your name?" I pronounced it for her and then I said: "It's a name from the Bible..... I'm sure you read your Bible every morning... right?".... She hesitated and then said: "No, I don't really read the bible too much."  I replied: "Oh, well I'm sure you probably read it in the evenings then, right?"..... She was very interested and said: "No, I don't read in the evenings either but I've actually been thinking that I should start." I replied: "Oh, yeah, you really got to begin today!.... but back to my name, I'm named after the prophet Micah... He comes right after Jonah in the O.T..... you know the story about the big fish?".... She said that she wasn't familiar with that story and then she put on a sad face and said: "I do know that some guy died though.... Can't remember his name" .... I said: "Are you talking about Jesus?" She replied:  "YES!  That's his name."  ...... At this point there was a line building up behind me and everyone in the bank was listening intently to our conversation.... I said: "I know that you need to attend to these people in line but just let me tell you that Jesus didn't stay dead...  Did you ever hear that part of the story?"  She said: "What!?.... No, I don't really know anything about this"... I replied: "When you get done with work you need to go home and start reading, but let me just leave you with this statement:  "We see the death of death in the death of Christ because death couldn't hold Him."  She looked rather perplexed but repeated that statement slowly, thoughtfully and kinda loudly.... You could see the wheels were spinning. I said: "Jesus loves you.... start reading THE BOOK today."  I turned around and gave fist bumps to everyone in line and then left the bank, happy for another chance to scatter some gospel seeds.     

Missions quote for the day by George Peters: "Our God is a God of missions.  He wills missions.  He commands missions.  He demands missions.  He made missions possible through the death and resurrection His Son. He made missions actual through the sending of His Holy Spirit."

Micah for the Tuttle's

1 comments:

At May 8, 2022 at 6:59 PM Aaron said...

Love you all thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis