Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Tuttle-tidbits for June

Epic Evangelistic Encounters


Nearly everyday I've been having epic gospel conversations with people out on the streets here in Watsonville California.  Yesterday I had a great evangelistic encounter with a guy named "Jonathan".  I asked him if I could interview him on camera and he was more than willing to do so. As we talked he said he's been in and out of jail, had many near-death experiences and is wondering why he's even on this planet.  He was "all ears" when I told him that God has some great reason for protecting him and preserving his life up to this point.  I told him that true meaning and purpose in life can only be found in Jesus who "jealously desires the spirit that He has made to dwell in us." (James 4:5).  Soon we began to talk about sin, righteousness and the judgment to come.  He was very thankful for the conversation and said that he was going to start reading his bible...... I'm always amazed at how ripe the harvest for souls is!  People everywhere are searching for answers and want to talk about spiritual things if you come to them in sincerity and humility and a willingness to listen to them. 
     

Javen's Graduation

One major event for us last month was Javen's graduation from college.  We drove from Watsonville California to Dubuque Iowa to see our oldest son graduate from Emmaus with a double major.  His degrees are in Christian Counseling and Biblical Studies.  We couldn't be more proud!  Javen is such a fine young man that loves the Lord and is using his many gifts to serve Jesus.  He preaches from time to time at his local church in Dubuque, he is sharing his faith at work where he is a package handler for Fed-Ex and now he hopes to be a light for Christ as a Christian psychologist. Please pray for him as he starts to pursue this career.  We look forward to seeing how the Lord will use him in the years to come!       


Wisconsin Youth Rally


In mid-May I had the privilege of preaching at a few meetings to a church full of young people at a Wisconsin youth rally near Milwaukee. When the intense weekend of ministry was over, two of our boys and a friend (Cullen and Josiah and Juanes) decided to gather up a van full of guys and drive around the country preaching and praying and singing and encouraging the assembly youth all over middle America.  They went from Milwaukee to Des Moines to Wichita to Oklahoma City to Lubbock to Dallas to Kansas City to Cedar Falls to Dubuque.  The Lord blessed them and used them and provided for them in each place!  What a life!  It is sooo encouraging to see our kids growing in the Lord and serving Him!   
  

Family Camping Trip

When we finally arrived back in California, after our whirlwind trip to the midwest, our long-time friends Steve and Patti Shimpf took us on an awesome camping trip near Mount Shasta! We had a blast fishing and boating and doing campfires and eating and playing games! Ellia caught lots of fish, Josiah spent lots of time rowing a boat around the lake, Mya did lots of reading, Bria did lots of hiking, and Amy and I and Steve and Patti did lots of talking :) We thank the Lord for this short break and the time together as a family.  Theres nothing like getting away into the wilderness!   


Another Divine Appointment!

The other day I started shooting hoops with an 18 year-old guy named Josh.  As we shot around we talked about where he was from and what he's studying and the career he wants to pursue.  After a while I said: "You've got a bible name... You ever read the Bible before?"  He said: "No, I've never even really been to church."  I replied: "Oh, thats okay... Sometimes I like to ask people questions about spiritual things and hear their perspective... Can I ask you few?"  Josh said that he had never really given any thought to religion before but he'd like to hear my questions.... so I said: 

The first question is:  "If you were God and you wanted to communicate with human beings how would you do it?"  Josh thought about it for a few seconds and then replied: "I guess I'd write a letter and then I'd send messengers to take that letter to everyone everywhere."  

I said: "Man, that's a great idea.... So how would you convince people that this was really your letter and your messengers sent to communicate it."  Josh thought again and then said: "Well, I'd have my messengers do some miracles and then I'd do some special signs in the sky or something like that."

I replied: "What if the people still didn't believe the letter?" Then Josh said: "I think I myself would come down and I'd do a bunch of miracles and tell them my message with my own mouth." 

I said: "What if they didn't like it and they killed you?" Josh said: "Well, forget them! I'd just destroy everything!" 

I said: "Are you sure you've never read the bible before?"  He said: "Never"  I said: "You really should read it.... You'd be surprised at its message."     

Missions Quote For The Day: "We do not truly understand the gospel if we spend all of our time preaching it to Christians.  The gospel is a missionary gospel.  It is the communication of Good news to people who are lost in sin and darkness."

Micah for the Tuttle's


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis