Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

I love my wife!

Last Thursday Amy and I celebrated 18 years of being each others valentine!  God has blessed me with a wonderful wife who is totally opposite from me in many ways but at the same time is the perfect compliment to my personality and character.  I thank the Lord for giving me such a precious partner.      


Someone has said:  "How can you learn to love unconditionally if your spouse meets all your conditions".  It's true!  It is so easy to put conditions on our love without even realizing that we do it.  I'll love you if you act this way.....  or I'll love you if you look that way....  If God's love was based on conditions we'd all be in real trouble, but it's not and we ought to follow His example.  "Lord help me to love my wife unconditionally"  


Amy has dedicated herself to me and to our five our kids.  It is so easy for a Christian woman today to neglect her family because of ministry or secular work or a thousand other distractions but Amy has decided to take the path less traveled and to invest her life in Javen, Cullen, Bria, Josiah, and Mya and I.  I'm a very blessed man to have Amy as my wife!            


When we got married we were 19 and 20 years old and we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.  We had no idea that the Lord would bless us with so many neat kids.  We had no idea that the Lord would lead us to be missionaries in the jungles of Peru.  I had no idea what a treasure I had found in Amy.  Praise God for his good gifts!    


Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her:  “Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all.”  Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.  (Proverbs 31:28-31)

-Micah for the Tuttle's

6 comments:

At February 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM amy in peru said...

aw. you're so nice to me. ;)
love you too, mucho...

 
At February 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

happy anniversary, you two lovebirds! <3

i am thankful that God brought you together and has allowed y'all to serve together in such a beautiful way.

 
At February 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM Joshua and Stephanie said...

You two are so blessed!

 
At February 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM Deb Schneider said...

What makes me laugh is that I cannot for the life of me remember if Erich and I are at 16 or 17. But if you are at 18 then we are at 17... unless this is an early celebration of next november. I seriously cannot remember. Ohhhhh... I just figured it out. Not anniversary, but valentine! Ahhhh. I had the calculator out and everything! :) And yes, Micah, you do have a fantastic amazing wife and mother of your kiddos. Love you guys.

 
At February 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM Josh said...

What a testimony of God's grace! Yall are such an example to us younger couples:)

 
At February 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Hammy said...

Congratulations! A testimony of how God intended a marriage to be! If He always put two "SAMES" together, the potential would not be as great. However, if the "OPPOSITES" cannot work through the challenges of chipping away the rough edges on each other, the rough edges may eventually cause so many ridges/fractures, the pieces become almost impossible to put back together; though with God all things are possible. So thankful God is using you to help shape/mold our precious grandchildren!!

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis