Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Tuttle-tidbits from May 10th


A few weeks ago we were walking through the Arlington National Cemetery in D.C. looking at the tens of thousands of graves and Ellia (our 3 year old) asks: "Dad, these dead people go Heaven or Hell? ........ Sobering question.......


Everywhere we go I think about that sobering question.... Like the prophet Jeremiah I feel like God's word is in my heart like a burning fire. It's shut up in my bones, I'm weary of holding it back and I just can't." There have been tremendous opportunities to preach the gospel and to encourage the Lords people across the USA in the last few months. Thank you to those of you that have been praying for us. The Lord seems to be working in a lot of ways! Our schedule has been really crazy and I have been preaching several times a week but some of the most special times of ministry have been on the street sharing the gospel with individuals in random places.

The following written record took place earlier this week as I looked to share Christ with a few strangers near San Antonio:

As our kids were swimming and playing with friends in the San Marcos river I decided that I would fit in a little evangelism. I struck up a conversation with an older couple that was sitting in the shade near our spot on the shore. Their names were “Richard” and “Tilly”. They said that they were originally from Mexico but have lived in the States for more than 40 years.

I asked: “Do you come from a catholic background?”
Richard: “Yes we do …. but I have little devil horns hiding under my hair.”
Me: “If you were to die today and you were to go up to heavens gate and God was to ask “why should I let you into my heaven?” what would you say?”
Tilly: “Oh, I’d say that I’ve never done anything too bad. I’ve been a good person.”
Me: “Have you ever told a lie? Ever stolen anything? Ever gotten drunk? Ever fornicated?”
Richard: “Well yes, I’ve committed all of the above and actually, Tilly and I are living in fornication right now…… but compared to other people we are squeaky clean.”
Me: “The problem is that on judgment day you aren’t going to be compared to other people. You are going to be compared to the high requirements of God’s law. It says in 1 Cor 6:9 that “no fornicators, thieves or drunks will inherit the kingdom of God.” What are you going to do when it comes time to give an account before a holy God?”
Tilly: “Just a few weeks ago I went to confession for the first time in 30 years and the priest asked why I was there. I said that I just wanted to confess a few things because I’m not perfect. The priest asked if I’d murdered someone. I said “No” and then he said that If I didn’t murder anyone I was fine and I didn’t need to confess the “small stuff.”
Me: Look at James 2:10. “Whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point is guilty of breaking all of it.”
Tilly: Wow, that’s a lot different than what the priest told me.
Me: Yes, actually we all are guilty of rebellion against the Creator of the universe and we deserve an eternal sentence to hell.
Richard: "What can we do?"
Me: God in His great love for us has provided a way! In Colossians 2:14 it says: “God has forgiven us all our sins, having cancelled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us, He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.” ..... You've got a choice to make! In John 3:36 it says: “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for Gods wrath remains on them.”...... Repent and come to Christ while there's still time.
Richard: What? .... Nobody has ever told us this before!
Me: They’re not my words, it’s the Bible.
Tilly: Who are you......?
Me: Just one of God's servants sent to share in this divine appointment that He has set with you.


Missions quote for the day by David Platt: "Every saved person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every lost person this side of hell."

Since our last update we have travelled through North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas and now Texas. Our schedule for the next month and a half looks like this:
May 10-18 Houston with First Colony Bible Chapel
May 21 Greenfield Bible Chapel in Iowa
May 22-26 Sioux Falls
June 4 Eastgate Bible Chapel Portland Oregon
June 5-9 Greenwood Hills Camp (Missionary Orientation Program) in Harrisburg PA
June 9-12 Indian brethren conference in Dallas Texas
June 13-16 Lincoln City beach with the extended Tuttle family
June 17-26 Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) Latin America Conference
July ..... Portland Oregon

Micah for the Tuttle's

1 comments:

At June 6, 2017 at 12:49 PM Unknown said...

I thank the Lord for y'all's heart for His people. This is beautiful and so humbling. You guys were at our church a few weeks back for the CMML conference (Forge Road). It was a real treat to have you guys here. I came to your blog hoping for an update on your travels. There is so much here, including a link to the fisher academy blog. A blog I have been reading for years for homeschool inspiration. I can't believe y'all were here and I didn't put that together. Anyway, I want to thank Amy for being such an encourager for other Ambleside mommas all over the world. Happy travels.

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis