Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Discipleship!

For the past two weeks I tried to replicate what Jesus did on earth in His ministry with His disciples..... Of course, I'm not God and I fell short in every way, but as Christians we are to be Christ to the world as we walk in the power of the Spirit. With this in mind I did my best to invest in twelve men who ministered with me as we journeyed across Northern Peru. We were able to reach thousands of people in one way or another but the real impact, I pray, will be on those twelve men who will go back to their home churches with a passion for discipleship.


The last 14 days were a real whirlwind of evangelism, discipleship, and preaching. I started in Trujillo where I picked up 6 brothers who all traveled with me up over the Andes mountains and into the jungle. Along the way we visited several villages and acquired 6 more disciples as we went. Each brother that accepted the invitation to go knew that it was going to be a hardcore trip with little rest, lots of bible, prayer, teaching and evangelism. We prayed for hours each day, studied Genesis 1-11 and read out-loud all of Nehemiah, Daniel, Luke, Acts, Romans and Revelation. Every time we came to a new village we sang and preached in the main square, went house to house sharing the gospel and met with the believers that were there. We helped the poor, prayed for the sick, put together children's meetings, preached on the radio, taught in adobe church buildings and on one occasion, we even encountered a demon possessed man. Everywhere we went the brothers and sisters greeted us with great joy, vigorous handshakes, backslapping and hugs. They made us meals, gave us a place to set up our tents and helped to support everything we did. I gave all I had as I tried to make the most of every minute with individuals while not neglecting the masses that we engaged with everywhere we went. It was an incredible time and the Lord blessed us greatly! Several of the disciples told me afterward that it was the most impacting two weeks of their life! I pray that the Lord will continue to use this experience in the life of each brother that accompanied me.


Here's what a "normal" day's schedule looked like:

4:30 Prayer
6:30 Reflection from one of the disciples
7:30 Breakfast
8:30 I taught Genesis
11:30 Children's meeting
1:00 Lunch
2:00 Bible reading
4:00 House to house evangelism
6:00 Dinner
7:00 Open air preaching
9:00 Meeting with the elders/leaders of the local church
11:00 Prayer
12:00 Bed


Missions quote #1 by C.S Lewis: “The church exists for nothing else but to draw men into Christ, to make them little Christ's. If they are not doing that, all the cathedrals, clergy, missions, sermons, even the Bible itself, are simply a waste of time. God became man for no other purpose.”

Missions quote #2 by Bill Hull: “Discipleship is the only hope for this world-- it hasn’t worked because it hasn’t been done— it hasn’t been done because we are distracted, we are an impatient lot who have been more interested in ourselves and our kingdoms than Christ and His. Only when a person submits to a community of serious Christ-followers can they learn to do all that Christ commanded.”
~ Bill Hull

Micah for the Tuttle's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis