Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

From Dubuque to Tarapoto!


I have arrived in the jungles of Peru! The next month and a half will be filled with many epic reunions and a plethora of ministry opportunities! The first big adventure will be a hard core jungle trip with my good friend Nate Bramsen. Those of you that know Nate are aware that he is battling through cancer right now. When I asked if he wanted to cancel the big trip he said: "Can't let a little cancer be an excuse to suggest that God's strength won't be more than enough"... "It's about Christ not about cancer." ..... So, we're going for it! Please pray for us as we will be taking 8 Peruvian brothers along with us to visit 6 villages in 8 days. We will be trekking deep into the jungle, swimming rivers and slogging through many miles of muddy trails. Can't wait to show the love of Christ to the villagers while preaching the gospel and pleading with souls to repent and trust in Jesus.


It's been quite the temperature change! Yesterday morning it was -7F in Dubuque and this morning it's +90F in Tarapoto! The humidity is what really hits you though. As soon as I got off the plane the sweat began to pour off my brow and it hasn't stopped since. Feels kinda good! Three days ago the kids and I had a blast sledding, throwing snowballs and making snow-angles together. In about two weeks Amy, Bria, Josiah, Mya and Ellia will all arrive here in Tarapoto and at that point we will have to look for some warm-weather fun :)


Please keep praying for our Spanish Bible study! There are several unbelievers that come from time to time. Our hope is that the Lord would save souls and that this evangelistic study would become a church someday! We have scheduled the study to continue in our absence and they should do well with brother Angel from Venezuela who will lead the study in the coming weeks. These next two months will be a good test for the group.


The Lord continues to open up doors for Amy and I to inspire a new generation in the areas of evangelism, discipleship, missions and church planting. Last week Amy spoke to the women at Emmaus while I spoke to the men. We both felt like the Lord really used the time for His glory as we tried to challenge and encourage the students. Dubuque is such a strategic place to be with so many young people that have tremendous gifts and abilities and potential to be useful instruments in God's hands. Please pray for us as we try to invest in many of these young people.


I want to share the gospel with everything that moves. I want to proclaim God's word everywhere whether that's in individual conversations in the street or in home bibles studies or in the mall or in church buildings. We are called to a Person, not a place. That Person is Jesus Christ.... the place may change but the Person doesn't! I'm definitely excited that for the next month and a half I get to proclaim Him in Peru! And I'm very thankful that He is the same Person no matter where in the world I find myself.


Missions quote for the day by Nate Saint: “I would rather die now than live a life of oblivious ease in so sick a world.”

Micah for the Tuttle's

1 comments:

At January 22, 2019 at 12:00 PM Unknown said...

Praying the Lord will open your mouth to speak the right words for the moment. May you both cling to the Lord in truth and openness. I thank the Lord you are choosing the eternal over the temporal. My heart is stirred and blessed by your zeal.

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis