Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Camp Li Lo Li


After spending three amazing weeks at camps in PA, NJ and NY we finally headed back home to Dubuque IA. Now, after regrouping and repacking, we are off again. This time we are traveling a few hours west to Des Moines where we will be participating in an evangelism camp called "testify". I'll be teaching and preaching several times and I can't wait to see what the Lord will do as we go into the Iowa State Fair to share the love of Christ with anyone and everyone. Please pray!


As you pray for us during this coming week of ministry please give thanks to the Lord for the great things He did last week at Camp Li Lo Li! The camp was packed out with 280 souls most of whom were High-schoolers. There were kids from all kinds of backgrounds. There were non-churched kids, wrong-churched kids and super-churched kids. There was a huge need for the gospel. I preached 12 times in all and the Lord really seemed to use it! Every night I had several kids approach me and in brokenness wanted to talk about their spiritual condition.

One of my favorite conversations was with a group of atheist kids that had taken pages and pages of notes about my sermons. They had scores of questions for me. As we talked one of them was astonished and said that she had "never heard any of these things before!" I had another conversation with a nominally catholic young man who said: "Everything I've heard at this camp is totally contrary to what I've been taught my whole life". The biggest questions that these kids were wrestling with were about absolute truth, the reality of hell, the exclusiveness of the gospel and the free gift of grace.


The root behind all the questions and doubts was always sin and it was amazing to see the Holy Spirit working and convicting each one in the ways he or she needed it. Several young men came to me in great anguish about hidden sin. One couldn't even speak as he came to me with his problem. His whole body was trembling as we prayed together. Praise the Lord that our great God gives much grace and restoration when we come to Him in repentance and renewed trust in Christ.

Missions Quote for the day by John Stott: "We must be global Christians with a global vision because we serve a global God."

Micah for the Tuttle's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis