Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Our drive from top to bottom... almost!

*(This post was originally posted at Manifold Musings of a Missionary Mom, which has since moved to A Pilgrim's Project)

Here's where we're going! - take a look at that drive, it is almost from top to bottom of the US! Cool. -and- It's only estimated to be a 21 hour, 38 minute drive!

We are currently somewhere in Kansas... oh, Ottowa to be exact. We are at a Best Western, we drove an extra hour and a half at 1am trying to find one! You gotta love the free wireless in every room and the kids stay free! Quality Inn actually said that we had too many people to stay there!! Can you believe it?! They wanted us and our four littles (all under 8) to stay in two different rooms. How RUDE. Anyway, we decided to hold out for a Best Western... so glad we did! Anyway, we drove 8 hours yesterday and have a few hours left :) The kids are doing well, but it's hot! We have air conditioning but it is either seriously arctic cold or off. We have a conversion van and something is up with the air in the back too. The air conditioning for the back blows HOT air as I figured out after 6 hours or so with it on and off. The kids had been complaining, but I told them, it's just hot outside, it'll cool off eventually with the AC! Yikes. They were red faced and sweating...

Okay, we plan to arrive in Houston tonight or tomorrow morning. This is a change of plans as we had planned to arrive Saturday night, but my dearest has some stuff he wants to get ready for his sermon on Sunday.

Amy

...in Peru since 2001 ~ Proud mammy of 4, was soon-to-be five chillin's but that littlest is in heaven

Friday, August 11, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by mistresninos (71.104.49.17)
I hate those room capacity rules. They are so stupid. Like winning a trip for a "family" of four. Sheesh. When we took the kids to Legoland for their birthdays in January I thought it would be good to stay at a Courtyard because they have kitchens and we had just been given Louis' Celiac diagnosis. They wanted us to take two rooms just because we had three kids. I told them that the youngest child was only a 2yo but they didn't care. They lost our business, which, considering we travel every month, is quite a bit. Now we stay at Hampton Suites everywhere we go. They don't mind that we have three kids, and they are a lot bigger than the average hotel room. :-)

Have a safe drive and I hope your a/c kicks in.

Friday, August 11, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Rebeca (71.36.204.232)
Hi Amy,
I haven't been by in a while. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet baby and you and your family are in my prayers. Also, I pray that your time in the U.S. will be good, and restul if possible. I know furlough is usually far from restful, but I do pray the Lord will give you times of refreshing from His Spirit and special times together with friends and loved ones.
Rebeca

Friday, August 11, 2006 - 21 Hours!!

Posted by jdoriot (24.151.161.85)
I think I would have to stick a fork in my eye!! lol!! I can't make it two hours down the road to see my parents...we always have to stop somewhere just so I can move...I just can't sit still!!

Have a fun trip!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by sagerats (148.78.245.12)
Hurray for Best Western! We once came to a town without reservations and hit hotel after motel trying to find a place that would have room for four children, Dear Man and me. They wanted us to split up too! No thanks!

I'm glad you are enjoying the trip. Just don't bake the children!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Prncsstefy (121.55.223.249)
Sounds like you guys are having a nice trip! Prayers for your safety.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. Maybe God continue to comfort you.

Monday, August 14, 2006 - All the best!

Posted by Fiffi (196.211.157.57)
Hi Amy
Enjoy your LONG trip with all it's adventures! I'm so sorry to read about the passing on of your 5th Baby. I too have been through this......but isn't it just so reasuring that we can come into our Father's presence, cry on his lap, and receive His peace and love!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Love
Fiffi

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by esperanzavallero (72.199.243.247)
Amy,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. Whenever it happens it is a heartbreak. We will be praying for your cross country trip, since we started mission work in Mexico we have done a few, and while fun, it has been a challenge to find ways to feed us all in a healthy and inexpensive way while on the road.
Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis