Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Dear praying friends,

On Friday February 3rd Javen, Cullen, Christopher Mattix, Aaron Godfrey and I set out on a beautiful 17 hour driving trek to our jungle town of Tarapoto.


When we arrived we had a great time visiting with the brothers, preaching the Word and getting a better look at the property we are trying to buy.


Sunday night we got to bed at about 2 a.m and then were up again at 4 a.m ready to head for Yurimaguas where Chris and I taught at a Capacitacion Biblica all week. Each day I taught 2 hours of eschatology and 2 hours of evangelism.


Wednesday night I preached open air in the main square, Thursday night I shared in a home Bible study, Friday night I preached in a rural church, Saturday night I preached at a Vacation Bible school for kids, Sunday morning I preached in the Yurimaguas central church and Sunday night we were back in Tarapoto where I preached in our assembly there.


It was a real whirlwind of activities but a great time of fellowship and mutual encouragement. We thank the Lord that He protected us along the way from many potential dangers and allowed us to be useful instruments in His hands.


John Westley said: "You have nothing to do but to save souls. Therefore spend and be spent in this work. And go not only to those that need you, but to those who need you most.... It is not your business to take care of this or that society; but to save as many souls as you can; to bring as many sinners as you possibly can to repentance."


-Micah for the Tuttle's

2 comments:

At February 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM Martine said...

Dear Tuttles, great to hear from you again. I didn't know Javen and Cullen went with you on the trip. Must have been a great experience for them. I really hope to see all of you soon!
May the Lord bless your work and your family.
Martine

 
At February 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM Phil said...

Jealous. Although I'm excited to see God at work in me as I slowly submit to Him... I don't really want to live a long life. This world is hard for me. I will live every day He gives me, but if He takes me early I hope no one weeps for me, as if some "tragedy" occurred. I will be home where I want to be. If in my short lifetime I can partially live up to some of the examples given by previous Godly generations, I'd be well satisfied.

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis