Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Scary hours

Dear praying friends,

Amy wrote that last e-mail/blog-post here in Trujillo from our apartment while in labor. Shortly after sending that letter a tiny, fully formed, lifeless little boy was born. We thought that the difficulties were over but in reality they were just beginning. Amy bled all night, got weaker and weaker, fainted a few times and then went into convulsions.

I woke up the neighbor and we hauled Amy down four flights of stairs to the car and then on to the maternal clinic. When we arrived her pulse was way down and they thought she might need a blood transfusion. The big problem was that the placenta had not been expelled which was causing her to lose more and more blood. She went into the surgery room and about twenty minutes later the doctor came out saying that we had made it just in time.

In the end she didn't need a blood transfusion and now her hemoglobin count is back up. Presently Amy is fast asleep at the clinic and gaining her strength back. Please pray for a fast recovery and for no further complications. We thank the Lord that this did not happen in the jungle where things would have been more difficult and for God's protection during these last few scary hours.

-Micah for the Tuttle's

7 comments:

At February 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM Anonymous said...

PTL for His protecting hand. We sure hate to hear that y'all are going through these tough times. Apparently He has something special for you, to allow you to go through it. Your testimony of a great faith is a blessing.

Don & Carla Rich

 
At February 26, 2012 at 2:46 PM 6intow said...

Continuing to pray. I was up much of last night with a sick child and was burdened to pray for you guys often. God sure knows.

Glad to hear Amy is improving and praying for no more set backs.
~Erin

 
At February 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM Amy said...

Wow...we will be praying. So glad you are in Trujillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM Anonymous said...

Hello there. My heart and prayers go out to you for comfort and peace and to our Almighty. I have been there many times and how many is not known to me. You see I never carried a baby full term and my guess is that I lost 5 at the least count.So I have been touched by the heartache.
I did not understand 'why' I was not blessed with even one child the fulfillment of womanhood. But many years later I do now. Hard as it was many years.So sometimes God's ways are hidden from us at the time but later we will see.
God Bless and give thanks much for the blessing of those He has bless you with. I praise Him for your faith and the growing in this walk with Him.
Keep in touch, love you my arms are there around you! In His love. lilrose/Roselee

 
At February 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM Phil said...

I don't know if my face actually turned white, but when Mom was reading this post to me over the phone I felt like my face went pale. Each sentence shocked me more and more until the relatively good conclusion came.

I hate that you had to endure this, and I obviously wanted to meet my nephew... but God has different plans, and obviously we must do our best to accept them. I have been praying for you fervently since I got the initial news and had others praying confidentially as well.

Love you all.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM Dana Wilson said...

Oh, I was so sorry to read about your loss and now your very frightening experience with Amy!

I'm thanking God that He has had His hand on all concerned. Will be praying for you and Amy's emotional healing as well as her physical healing.

<>

In His never-ending love and mercy,
Dana

 
At February 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM Michelle said...

Hello Amy, Micah, and Family,

Your friend Phyllis sent me the link to your blog today as I just lost my first child this week and had a similar experience. I hope that your son and mine are together today and that you continue to heal quickly and well! And it is in these situations that the men God made in his image shine so beautifully and clearly: a husband's love is a wonderful thing.

May you feel God's joy and peace with you today.

Lauren (and Ben)

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis