Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

God's protection!

Dear friends and family,
It was about 9:30 Friday night. Amy and I and the kids were in the car heading toward our jungle town of Tarapoto. We only had about two hours of travel left and we were all excited to get there. We came around a curve in the road to find several cars and trucks all stopped with not a few people standing on the shoulder. I proceeded but as I did all the people started yelling urgently at us.... I thought about stopping.... but... we were in a hurry. About two-hundred yards further down the road a woman ran out of her house to the side of the road and yelled at us quite fervently..... I thought about stopping.... but... we were in a hurry.

I kept going, oblivious of the warnings, and before we knew it we were in the middle of an assault. Several men with machine-guns. One guy was on the ground while another was smashing his head repeatedly into the asphalt... The strange thing was the guys didn't even look at us... It was like they didn't see us even though we were 10 feet away (maybe a miracle!). My whole body felt like jello and then there was a rush of adrenaline. I threw it in reverse and tried to get away as quickly as possible, all the while expecting to see our windshield fill up with bullet holes.

When I got far enough back to turn the car around I did so with great difficulty (It's not as easy as it looks in the movies). Just then the police came roaring up and jumped out of the car pointing their guns at us. I put my hands up and convinced them we weren't the bad guys. The police ran off into the darkness and we drove to safety.

Spiritual Lesson: God warns us through his word. Through sermons. Through evangelists. Through experiences. They are all calling out urgently, even fervently: "You're headed toward grave danger! Turn back from your ways! Be reconciled to God!"..... Sadly many are "in a hurry" and don't listen to the repeated warnings. They end up putting themselves in grave circumstances and if not for God's intervention they will suffer eternal consequences.

-Micah for the Tuttle's

5 comments:

At March 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM Amy said...

wow. is all I can say. praise God you are safe...what a warning for us all...

 
At March 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Deb Schneider said...

Praise God! So.... what happened next? Are you guys in Tarapoto now?

 
At March 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Phil said...

Crazy Pants. Next time, heed the warnings! :)

 
At March 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM Alesha said...

Praise the Lord for His protection! So thankful!

 
At March 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM amy in peru said...

see my post here for the detailed version of the trip... :)

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis