Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

God's discipline

I write this at 2:00 a.m. Thursday morning.  Javen, Cullen and I just got back from a wake.    A man in our church died today....  He'll be buried tomorrow...  This man, "Rafael" claimed to be a Christian but has been living for the last few years in fornication.  I was able to talk to Rafael on several occasions about his sinful lifestyle and warn him of God's discipline.  He refused to listen, refused to repent and refused to turn from his sin.... and now.... he's dead. 

Just three months ago Rafael was in great shape.... but then God's hand began to weigh upon him (Psalm 32:4) and the discipline began.  I really believe that God gave Rafael chance after chance but finally, the line was drawn, and the words rang out: "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Heb 10:31).  What a warning to us all!  If you insist on  continuing in sin it would be better that God kill you than for you to go on defaming the name of Christ! (1 Cor 5:5).  

When we arrived at the wake the crowd of unbelievers found out that I was a preacher so they asked me to give a word from the Bible.  I jumped at the opportunity and took the next hour to preach the gospel.  It was a tremendous opportunity as this captive crowd listened intently to every word.  These were people that I don't think would have listened to my preaching in any other context but when faced with the death of a close friend they were instantly "all ears" to hear what the Bible has to say.  Please pray for those that heard!

Missions quote for the day by Larry Osborne:  "Life is too short and hell is too hot to just play church.”



-Micah for the Tuttle's

3 comments:

At April 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM Dana Wilson said...

Micah,
I literally had chills as I read your post. I am sure God's word struck some hearts hard at that funeral. May many come to Him as a result!

 
At April 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM Anonymous said...

Do you really think God is a murder?

 
At April 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM Anonymous said...

Do you really think God is a murderer?

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis