Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Homeschool "Dad-style"

The last 10 days I've been trying to be both Dad and Mom for our five kids.  Please pray for me.  I've still got 10 more days of trying to play the mom part.  You kinda recognize what a great job moms do when you have to do without them for a while :)

Amy is attending two different home-school conferences.  One in Minnesota and one in New York.  These conferences are very helpful and encouraging to her and she is excited to be able to attend them.  Amy is an amazing mom and now I realize, more than ever, how challenging her job is.  The kids all say that home-school "dad-style" just isn't the same.

The schedule I've given them since Amy left for the States has been:

Pray
Read Bible 
Lift weights
Run several miles 
Read Church History
Work (pouring cement)
Read Church History
Work (painting)
Pass out tracts
Work (sanding boards)
Read Bible
Work (pulling weeds)
Listen to online sermon
Do pastoral visits
Go to evening church meeting
Read Bible
Pray

Note:  We tried fasting one day (not for spiritual reasons.... just so we could get more done:) .... but after 24 hours everyone was about to revolt so we had to quit that idea....   We really need Amy back!

Note #2:  Mya is having trouble with the 35 lb dumb-bells (I told her she needs to toughen up a little more and "no pain no gain") ..... Please pray for us!




C.S Lewis said:  "Homemaker is the ultimate career.  All other careers exist for one purpose only --  to support the ultimate career!"

-Micah for the Tuttles

4 comments:

At July 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM Nancy Kelly said...

This was too funny, Micah! I think I will share it with the LER group. Thank you for giving her the opportunity to be here with us - we love her! Maybe next year you will join us???

 
At July 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM amy in peru said...

i love you!!!!! and miss you, too! i'm sure the kids will be quite happy when i get home. i started to wonder when cullen wrote me an e-mail asking how many more days i'd be gone... :)

you're doing a great job. and i'm SO thankful.

 
At July 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM Smiles said...

Bria looks tough with the drill

 
At August 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM Aaron said...

Micah I'm praying for you. I had to do 15 days while monchi was out of state. I Never tried the fasting idea. I will next time. Love the school schedule.

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis