Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

"Fire in the bones"



January has been very busy! I preached 52 times this month. All of those messages have been in different settings and to different kinds of people. I kept thinking of the prophet Jeremiah who said: "God's word was in my heart like a burning fire, it was shut up in my bones, I was weary of holding it back and I could not." We must press on! We must preach the word in season and out of season!

On Friday, as I finished up a week of preaching at a youth camp I was feeling quite exhausted but at the same time I felt "weary of holding it back". That night I ended up preaching at the camp-fire for about two hours. God really seemed to use it as the Holy Spirit worked on the conscious of almost everyone. I don't really know how to explain it... A lot of brokenness over sin. A lot of repentance. A lot of restoration. Please pray for these youth!


I arrived home from the youth camp feeling drained... But then rejuvenated as we had a "surprise visit" from some of the brothers at Heart-Cry Missionary Society. It was extremely encouraging and really great to see them. Just as they were leaving God blessed us again with the arrival of Chris Mattix (missionary to Bolivia). He will be with us for about three weeks preaching and teaching here in our Tarapoto assembly. We thank God that he sends help and encouragement at just the right time.

Missionary quote of the day by John Wesley: "You have nothing to do but to save souls; therefore spend and be spent in this work."

Micah for the Tuttle's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis