Our Sites: amy's blog | fisher academy | the tuttle tribe's photos | Support

Irresponsible missionary



I'm an irresponsible missionary! I had my monthly river trip all planned. I organized a wonderful team of seven people that would go with me. I had coordinated with the villages that we would preach in. All the brethren in these villages were excited about my arrival. Then, the night before our departure we all sat down to go over the last details of our trip and I announced with a big smile: "I'm not going!" "You guys will do fine without me."

The last two months have just been too full and and there is still a lot left on the calender. To a certain extent I've been neglecting my family. My family is more important to me than the ministry and I want them to know it. I don't care about a dynamic ministry reaching lots of spiritually needy people if I, in the end, lose my family. There are too many preachers who have tremendous ministries and their family is a disaster. I'm not going down that road.

The team (5 believers from our Tarapoto assembly, 1 from Trujillo, and 1 from Bolivia) went along without me and did a great job of preaching, teaching and encouraging the brethren in the villages. They are back now and all the reports are excellent. Here at home we had four wonderful days of "just us". It was awesome! We haven't been "just us" for months. Amy and I went out on a date every day for four days. We all did home-school together. We had a ping-pong tournament. We played football. We watched movies. We ate ice-cream. We played Stratego. It might have been the greatest 4 days of the year..... Maybe it wasn't so irresponsible to drop out of the river trip :)


Marriage quote for the day by Martin Luther: "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

Micah for the Tuttles

3 comments:

At February 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM Phil said...

Thank you for sharing these comments. Every missionary and commending church leadership need to hear this message. We at CMML fully support our missionaries taking responsibility to care for family needs and endorse "down" time to make it happen. Well done!

 
At February 15, 2014 at 7:36 PM Aaron said...

Beautifully done Mica. I am one that totally agrees that you need to have time with your family. I am happy you shared this and hope it encourages others to take time to rest and spend time with their families. Maybe you were still ministering after all ministries is not just preaching but also the example. Well done. Love and respect.

 
At February 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM Vic and Kathy Anfuso said...

Love that you were able to see the priorities and that your wife enjoyed it too...great modeling for the kids too. If you don't do it for them who will...blessings to you all.

 

Post a Comment

ShareThis